Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Quick quick too slow

Had to get back to Salsa dancing after being away for over 3 months and also my jazz shoes was collecting dust and moulding inside its box. After having a quick discussion with a director of the dance studio, I was confidence that I should be able to re-enter the dance class at an intermediate level. He suggested that I take the package of 1 hour private lesson before determining which class I should attend. Due to the pack schedule, the lady dance instructor was only available during lunch time.
During the private lesson, she asked me if I could show her what I had previous learn. At that moment, my mind was a total blank and I could only barely do a cross body turn and some basic dance moment. She gave me a 'is that what you learn in 6 months!' look before running through the basic steps. After about an hour, she told me that I have learn all the steps in the beginner 1 class and could advance to the beginner 2 class. I was thinking that if I could learn all the steps for beginner at level 1 in an hour, another hour of private lesson will take me pass beginner 2 onto intermediate! But she said it was difficult as they taught combinations during basic 2. I later found out that she was actually the instructor for basic 2. Hmmm.......
So that evening, I came to class with a 'over qualified basic student (having taken basic salsa classes at 3 different dance schools' look into class. I had no problems learning the moves but noted that the dance moves where not appropriate on Singapore dance floor in Union Square as it requires alot of moves. The ladies were 'generally' taller and I had to tip toe a few times just to 'support' the ladies + look up to them when dancing.
The day moves on ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home