Sunday, June 26, 2005

Childhood friend

Headed off to UNSW to attend a talk by CMC (www.cmcgroup.com.au) where they mentioned that you could trade CFD and FX products with only one account. Later in the afternoon, was picked up by my friend and we headed off to Sydney Harvest (an extension from City Harvest in Singapore) for their Sunday worship. Their current temporary premises was at Ranrick Primary School along Cowper Steet but the paster had interest in setting up permanent worship premises in Chinatown.
While waiting for worship to start, my friend introduced me to his paster as him 'childhood' friend. I was abit 'shocked' to be given the title of 'childhood' friend as I would normally associated that with a gal and guy having known each other since their pre-5 year old years. As he was leading the congregation in singing during worship, I was amazed at how God had transform my friend from those days of drawing pictures during class lessons in school to leading worship even though there was less than 15 people in the audience. Amen!
Back at home, my housemate had problems reconciling her bosses bank accounts and summoned for my assistance. I actually was abit hesistant to assist as I had not looked at a set of accounts in like years after my exit from EY. After discussion with her, I managed to give her some hints on how to go about solving her bank reconciliation. Wonder if I could charge her my prior EY charge out rate? Might save me a weeks rent!
The day moves on.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home